Six members of El Paso High’s Class of 2021 earned the AP Capstone Diploma.
The AP Capstone Diploma program helps students to develop critical thinking, research, collaboration and presentation skills that are critical to academic success.
“We proudly recognize the achievements of students who participated in the AP Capstone Diploma program,” said El Paso High principal Mark Paz. “Our AP Capstone students and teachers showed extraordinary commitment while facing historic challenges. This is a meaningful college readiness program that will serve our students well after high school.”
To receive the AP Capstone Diploma, students must earn scores of 3 or higher in AP Seminar, AP Research, and on four additional AP Exams. More than 2,000 schools participated in the AP Capstone program worldwide during the 2020-21 school year, when approximately 11,900 students earned the AP Capstone Diploma.
El Paso High’s AP Capstone Diploma graduates and the universities they will be attending this fall are:
- Anna M. Brunnick – University of California Santa Barbara
- Celine N. Dipp – Brown University
- Ian A Perez – University of Arizona
- Teresa K. Salloum – UT Austin
- Sofia Valles Lisa – California Institute of the Arts
- Isabella D. Vazquez – University of Arizona