Officials with Socorro ISD announced Saturday that the district was honored by the National School Public Relations Association for exceptional communication campaigns, special events, publications, and digital media executed in 2020-2021.
The SISD Public Relations department earned 12 awards in the NSPRA 2021 National School Communication Awards program. The team won three Golden Achievement Awards, three Awards of Excellence, four Awards of Merit and two honorable mentions.
The three Golden Achievement Awards are among the highest national honors which recognized the outstanding execution and reception of communication campaigns and special events — the SISD COVID-19 Communication Campaign, the 2020 SISD Virtual Teacher of the Year Announcement, and the 2020 Team SISD Graduation in the Time of COVID.
The SISD PR team also earned accolades for its annual report, branding/image campaigns, writing, special purpose publication and various in-house produced videos highlighting the district’s students, employees, schools, and the opportunities provided to ensure students and staff succeed in Team SISD.
The NSPRA annual awards program recognizes school district communications teams from across the U.S. for outstanding and strategic work in educational communications, publications, and multimedia.
SISD 2021 NSPRA National School Communications Awards
- Socorro ISD COVID-19 Communication Campaign
- 2020 Socorro ISD Teacher of the Year Virtual Announcement
- 2020 Team SISD Graduation in the Time of COVID
Award of Excellence
- Socorro ISD 2018-2019 Annual Report (annual report)
- Team SISD Seize Your Opportunity Campaign (branding/image package)
- Team SISD Class of 2020 – Military Connect Graduation Highlight (video produced in-house)
Award of Merit
- SISD Athletic/Fine Arts Posters (special purpose publication)
- Seize Your Opportunity Commercial (video produced in-house)
- Socorro ISD Dr. Espinoza’s Spotlight – Eastlake Combo School (video produced in-house)
- Keep SISD Safe – A message from your school mascots (video produced in-house)
- Socorro ISD Employee Health Clinic Logo (branding/image package)
- “How a low-income school district in El Paso used year-round school to achieve top marks” (excellence in writing)