Officials with the Socorro Independent School District announced that the district will resume free meal service for all children on Monday, October 19, 2020 to ensure children in the community continue to have access to healthy meals.
“To minimize the number of people on campuses in SISD during this critical time of the pandemic in the El Paso community, the first week of the SISD spring intersession (March 8-12, 2021) is being moved to October 19-23, 2020,” officials reminded residents.
“Schools and district offices will be closed during this week; however, Team SISD will resume meal service for all children ages 0 to 18 at several campuses in the district.”
The meal service pick-up time will be from 7 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Breakfast and lunch both can be picked up at the same time via a socially distanced drive-through/walk-up procedure. A Saturday meal also will be provided at the Friday pick-up.
Confirmation cards are valid at all participating schools from Oct. 19-23. No duplicate meals will be served. Only one breakfast and one lunch per student per day will be available. No a la carte sales will be available.
Breakfast and lunch will be available for pick up October 19-23, 2020 at:
|Socorro High School
Robert R. Rojas Elementary
Capt. Walter E. Clarke Middle School
John Drugan School
Vista del Sol Elementary
Spec. Rafael Hernando III Middle School
Jane A. Hambric School
Chester E. Jordan Elementary
Purple Heart Elementary
|Dr. Sue A. Shook Elementary
Horizon Heights Elementary
Mission Ridge Elementary
Pebble Hills High School
SSG Manuel R. Puentes Middle School
Bill Sybert School
Elfida P. Chavez Elementary
O’Shea Keleher Elementary
Child Nutrition Services employees will place the meals in trunks or back seats of vehicles to maintain social distancing measures. Please note the following guidelines/notes:
- Parents are asked to remain in vehicle and open the trunk or back of vehicle.
- If in a truck or SUV, where back cannot be opened, CNS employees will provide the meal on a tray to lessen unnecessary contact or the meal can be placed in the back seat if unoccupied.
- If possible, parents are asked to please place a box or bin in their trunk, which will help hold the meal bags upright and keep the integrity of the meal.
According to state/federal guidelines, parents can pick up the free meals without having to bring their children to the pickup sites. If parents have their children WITH them when they pick up meals, no documentation is required.
If parents come to pick up meals WITHOUT their children, they need to present one of the following for all children 18 and under:
- Official letter/email/electronic school application from school listing children enrolled
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of the school website, printed or electronic, that includes the children names
- Birth certificate for children not in school
- Student ID cards