El Paso PCC car in 1969 / Photo Courtesy: transpressnz.blogspot.com
Beginning on Monday, December 12, 2016, crews from Paso del Norte Trackworks will complete final paving operations and install new traffic signal mast arms along North Oregon Street between Schuster Avenue and Glory Road.
Lane restrictions will remain in place thru Friday, December 16, 2016.
From 11 p.m. Monday and through Wednesday, Oregon Street will be open to northbound traffic only. Also during this period, the El Paso Police Department will be on-site to direct traffic as traffic signals are upgraded.
The following traffic impacts will remain in place during the week of December 12 at other locations along the 4.8 mile route:
- Franklin Avenue between Santa Fe Street and the mid-block alley between Mesa Street and Oregon Street.
- Oregon Street between Main Drive and Wyoming Avenue
- Rio Grande Avenue, California Drive, River Avenue, and Crosby Avenue immediately west of Oregon Street.
- Crosby Avenue between Mesa Street and Stanton Street.
- Arizona Avenue between Kansas Street and Stanton Street
- Stanton Street between Rio Grande Avenue and Nevada Avenue
- Texas Avenue and First Avenue immediately west of Kansas Street
- Oregon Street between Nevada Avenue and Rim Road (open to northbound traffic only)
- Oregon Street between Nevada Avenue and Yandell Drive
- Santa Fe Street between Franklin Avenue and Paisano Drive (open to southbound traffic only)
- Santa Fe Street between Paisano Drive and Montestruc Court
- Kansas Street between Franklin Avenue and Father Rahm Avenue