Rail is now being installed along Oregon Street and Kansas Street as part of the El Paso Streetcar Project. However, motorists should expect a handful of changes to street closures and lane restrictions as other work associated with the project continues, according to the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority.
Missouri Avenue will be reduced to one westbound lane at Stanton Street beginning on Friday, July 15, 2016. This lane restriction will last for approximately three weeks as crews continue utility relocation work. While Missouri will remain open, motorists who use Exit19B/Downtown from westbound Interstate 10 should consider turning left on Kansas Street or right on Campbell Street to avoid the lane restrictions. Motorists should also consider using Exit 19A/Mesa Street and Exit 20/Cotton Street.
Stanton Street also remains closed to all traffic between Franklin Avenue and Missouri Avenue. Utility relocation work will continue moving north on Stanton Street in the coming weeks.
Beginning on Thursday, July 14, 2016, Oregon Street will be closed to all traffic between Glory Road and Cincinnati Avenue so crews can replace concrete pavement. Oregon Street remains reduced to a single northbound lane between Schuster Avenue and Cincinnati Avenue where crews are laying rail. Lane restrictions remain in place on Oregon Street between Franklin Avenue and Schuster Avenue.
Kansas Street remains closed between Paisano Drive and Father Rahm Avenue where crews began laying rail late last week. East-west cross streets are closed to traffic at Kansas. This closure is expected to remain in place thru mid-September.
Father Rahm Avenue remains closed between Kansas Street and Santa Fe Street as crews install upgraded storm drains as part of the project. While South El Paso Street is reduced to one northbound lane at Father Rahm Avenue, other north-south cross streets remain open. This closure is expected to remain in place thru October.
As work continues along the El Paso Streetcar Project’s 4.8 mile route, the following traffic patterns will remain in place:
- Stanton Street between Mississippi Avenue and Cincinnati Avenue
- Baltimore Drive between Mesa Street and Kansas Street
- Crosby Avenue between Stanton Street and Kansas Street
- Rim Road west of Oregon Street
- Hague Road west of Oregon Street
- Main Drive closed at Santa Fe Street
- Franklin Avenue between Santa Fe Street and Kansas Street
- Santa Fe Street between Franklin Avenue and Main Drive
- Santa Fe Street between Paisano Drive and Loop 375
- Stanton Street between Cliff Drive and Schuster Avenue
- Campbell Street at First Avenue
- University Avenue at Oregon Street
- Schuster Avenue at Oregon Street
As utility relocation work continues, overnight closures of Santa Fe Street between Father Rahm Avenue and Third Avenue will be required in the coming weeks. An exact date for this closure has not been announced.
- Click here to sign-up for regular construction updates delivered to your email inbox.
- Like the El Paso Streetcar on Facebook and Instagram.
- Call the bilingual project information line: (844) 252-RAIL.