Crews from Paso del Norte Trackworks will begin final utility relocation work along North Stanton Street this week, allowing rail installation to begin there in early 2017, according to the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority.
Beginning on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, Stanton Street will close to thru traffic between Baltimore Drive and Robinson Avenue; Cincinnati Avenue will be close to thru traffic between Kansas Street and Stanton Street. As part of this closure, only southbound traffic on Stanton Street will be able to turn right onto westbound Cincinnati Avenue. These closures are scheduled to last approximately three weeks.
No work will take place on this section of North Stanton Street between Thanksgiving and Christmas to accommodate the Holiday Shopping Season. Additional complete closures of Stanton Street will be necessary to install rail beginning in early 2017. Rail installation work is scheduled to begin on Stanton Street in this area and move south.
Beginning on Wednesday, November 2, 2016, Stanton Street will close to thru traffic between Arizona Avenue and Nevada Avenue. Arizona Avenue will close to thru traffic between Kansas Street and Stanton Street. As part of this closure, only northbound traffic on Stanton Street will be able to turn left onto westbound Arizona Avenue. This closure is scheduled to last approximately 6-8 weeks.
Beginning on Monday, October 31, 2016, lane restrictions on Oregon Street will extend south, meaning Oregon Street will be reduced to a single northbound lane between Rio Grande Avenue and Schuster Avenue. As part of this work, Arizona Avenue will be closed to thru traffic between Mesa Street and Oregon Street; Rio Grande Avenue will be closed to thru traffic between Oregon Street and El Paso Street. These closures are necessary to accommodate utility relocation work and will last approximately six to eight weeks.
Beginning on Monday, November 7, 2016, Santa Fe Street is set to reopen between Overland Avenue and Paisano Drive. When this section of Santa Fe Street reopens, Santa Fe is scheduled to close between Overland Avenue and Franklin Avenue.
Also at this time, Overland Avenue will re-open at Santa Fe Street and San Antonio Avenue will close at Santa Fe Street. This closure is necessary so crews can resurface the street and is scheduled to last approximately four weeks.
Work at Other Locations
As work continues along the 4.8 mile route, the following street closures and lane restrictions will remain in place during the week of October 31, 2016:
- Father Rahm Avenue between Kansas Streetr and Santa Fe Street
- Mesa Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- Oregon Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- Main Drive between Kansas Street and Stanton Street
- Mills Avenue between Kansas Street and Stanton Street
- San Antonio Avenue between Kansas Street and Stanton Street
- Overland Avenue between Kansas Street and Stanton
- Texas Avenue at Kansas Street
- Kansas Street between Franklin Avenue and Father Rahm Avenue
- Stanton Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- El Paso Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- Santa Fe Street between Montestruc Court and Paisano Drive
- Stanton Street between Franklin Avenue and Wyoming Avenue