Motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists will encounter new traffic patterns next week as crews from Paso del Norte Trackworks continue laying rail and finalizing utility relocations for the El Paso Streetcar Project, according to the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority.
The intersection of Stanton Street and Cincinnati Avenue is set to re-open ahead of schedule on Friday, November 11, 2016. On Monday, November 14, 2016, Stanton Street is scheduled to close to thru traffic between Robinson Avenue and Kerbey Avenue for final utility relocation work. As part of this closure, Boston Avenue will be closed to thru traffic between Kansas Street and Mesa Street.
This closure will last approximately one week.
No work will take place on North Stanton Street between Baltimore Drive and Robinson Avenue between Thanksgiving and Christmas to accommodate Holiday Shopping Season. However, after January 1, 2017, closures of Stanton Street will be necessary to install rail.
Beginning on Monday, November 14, 2016, Yandell Drive will be reduced to two westbound lanes at Oregon Street to accommodate underground utility work. This lane restriction will impact motorists who use Yandell Drive to access westbound Interstate 10 at Downtown. It is scheduled to last approximately eight weeks.
Franklin Avenue is scheduled to be closed beginning on Monday, December 5, 2016, to accommodate track work there. Mesa Street will remain open to north-south traffic at Franklin Avenue. Stanton Street will be closed to northbound traffic at Franklin Avenue. This closure will impact motorists who use Franklin Avenue Drive to access eastbound Interstate 10 at Downtown.
Before Franklin Avenue closes, Main Drive and Mills Avenue will re-open to east-west traffic at Kansas Street.
As rail work continues along Kansas Street, traffic remains reduced to a single southbound lane between Franklin Avenue and Father Rah, Avenue. To accommodate concrete paving of the intersection of Kansas Street and Texas Avenue, Kansas will be closed to traffic between Mills Avenue and Myrtle Avenue from 11pm on Wednesday, November 16, thru 6am on Thursday, November 17, 2016.
Mills Avenue, Main Drive, San Antonio Avenue, and Overland Avenue remain closed between Kansas Street and Stanton Street.
As work continues along the 4.8 mile route, the following traffic impacts will remain in place during the week of November 14, 2016:
- Oregon Street between Rio Grande Avenue and Schuster Avenue (open to northbound traffic only)
- Arizona Avenue between Mesa Street and Oregon Street
- Rio Grande Avenue between Oregon Street and El Paso Street
- Crosby Avenue, Cliff Drive, River Avenue, and California Avenue immediately west of Oregon Street.
- Stanton Street between Arizona Avenue and California Avenue
- Arizona Avenue between Kansas Street and Oregon Street
- Santa Fe Street between Overland Avenue and Franklin Avenue
- San Antonio Avenue at Santa Fe Street
- Main Drive at Santa Fe Street
- Sheldon Court at Santa Fe Street
- Father Rahm Avenue between Kansas Street and Santa Fe Street
- Mesa Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- Oregon Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- Schuster Avenue at Oregon Street
- Stanton Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Avenue
- El Paso Street between 4th Avenue and 6th Aveue
- Santa Fe Street between Montestruc Court and Paisano Drive
- Stanton Street between Franklin Avenue and Wyoming Avenue