On the eve of the upcoming Texas Tax Free Weekend, an online deals website finds parents spending more for back-to-school, and has compiled a list of discounts for teachers.
Carson Yarbrough, with Offers.com, shares the specials and some information regarding back-to-school-shopping.
“We have combed through thousands of deals to bring teachers the best discounts for everything from school supplies to hotel rooms.” Yarbrough shares.
In addition to the deals, Yarbrough says their research reveals some interesting information regarding back-to-school purchases.
Offers.com surveyed parents across the U.S. on their purchase and spending plans. The survey found that back-to-school spending is up nearly 18% from 2016 in total family spending.
Per the survey, most consumers (54.8%) begin their back-to-school shopping in August, while about 27.3% of shoppers get their back-to-school purchases finished earlier on in July.
Yarbrough adds, “From our survey, we discovered that the average American spends $208.10 on back-to-school shopping for each child. Most consumers (53.5%) will be spending anywhere from $101-$300 on each child for back-to-school.”
In terms of total back-to-school spending, the average American spends $428.39 on their family for back-to-school, up from last year’s average of $359 per family.
A majority of consumers (71%) still do their back-to-school shopping in-store, while 22% of shoppers opt for the convenience of online shopping.
When back-to-school shopping, 63.6% of consumers use coupons to save on their back-to-school gear. A majority (41.5%) use in-store coupons, while 22.1% of consumers choose to use online coupons, always conveniently available and updated at Offers.com.
Some of the top retailers have great savings and deals for back-to-school.
- Kohl’s has back-to-school uniforms for under $10, backpacks,shoe deals and more.
- You can update the kids wardrobe with American Eagle Outfitters deal on up to 60% off any order.
- L.L. Bean has a 20% off Back-to-School sale + free shipping, perfect for getting new backpacks for the kids!
And for those who would rather do their back-to-school shopping from the comfort of home, Amazon is having a sale on up to 80% off on all the back-to-school essentials., until September 6.
Check out all the best back-to-school deals on Offers page here; while listed below are some of the best deals teachers can take advantage of:
- Adobe – Teachers and schools can get 60% off Creative Cloud, plus discounts on Student and Teacher Edition software.
- Barnes and Noble – Educators can save up to 20% on education, academic administration, teacher training, and special education books.
- Caesars Palace – Teachers may reserve rooms at 10% off.
- Dollar General – 20% off select school supplies for teachers
- Half Price Books – Educators and librarians can take 10% off their entire purchase with Educator Discount card.
- Loft – In addition to 15% off full-price orders, teachers can enjoy exclusive coupons and extra savings at Teacher Appreciation Nights.
- Michael’s – Teachers receive 15% off every instore purchase.
- T-Mobile – College teachers and students can take $60 off smartphones and 20% off select accessories when they sign up for the educational discount.
- West Elm – By showing valid I.D. or signing up with an .edu email address, students and faculty can get free shipping + 15% off.
To view the entire list, click HERE.
Author: Carson Yarbrough – Offers.com