The Hospitals of Providence officials announced that their campuses have resumed elective care for patients of the Borderland region.
“This has been a challenging time for our community. Many patients have postponed medical care or are in need of treating new symptoms,” said Nicholas Tejeda, Group Chief Executive Officer for The Hospitals of Providence. “It is our role and responsibility to ensure we are able to provide much needed care to our community.”
Elective procedures are now being scheduled at The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus, Sierra Campus, East Campus, Transmountain Campus and Specialty Campus.
As this medically necessary care carefully resumes, The Hospitals of Providence have been in close communication with the medical staff of its hospitals about protocols to prevent and treat COVID-19, safety protocols as CDC, CMS and state guidelines evolved, new services such as telehealth and other general updates.
“Over the last several weeks, we have demonstrated that our medical community can come together to prepare and treat COVID-19, while safely caring for other illnesses. Our health system is safe for elective and emergent care. We have rigorous protocols in place, adequate access to testing and protective personal equipment, as well as well-trained and experienced staff,” said Tejeda.
The Hospitals of Providence is committed to universal safety for patients, physicians and staff. It has taken every precaution, combining infection prevention processes, training, testing and supply of personal protective equipment.
The following resources are in place as elective care resumes:
- Screening for all patients, visitors and staff prior to entry at the hospital
- Social distancing practices including limiting visitors and vendors
- Separate care pathways, areas, and staff for potential or confirmed COVID-19 patients
- Universal masking for all caregiver’s staff and patients
- Access to COVID-19 testing for all patients, physicians and staff who require it
- Ample inventory and pipeline of protective personal equipment
- Heightened infection prevention policies across all sites of care
“Our team of physicians’ and staffs’ perseverance and willingness to adapt is a reflection of our commitment to provide exceptional care,” said Tejeda. “We are inspired and assured that with our continued teamwork we will be able to safely increase our community’s access to elective surgery,”
For more information please visit TheHospitalsOfProvidence.com.