Some of the Southwest area’s top boxers are set to battle at Freedom Fight Night.
The event, sponsored by Golden Eagle Promotions, gets underway at 7 p.m. on Sept. 10 at the El Paso County Coliseum (4100 E. Paisano.)
Among the featured fighters are:
• El Paso’s own Adan “Tejanito” Hernandez has compiled a 15-8 record and has faced a who’s who of key fighters, including 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Yordenis Urgas and current WBC welterweight champion Danny “Swift” Garcia.
• Josue Garcia, the popular California fighter with a 5-4 record, will face Las Cruces veteran Colbert Lozoya (7-12).
• Juárez native Angelica Rascon is 7-0 as a professional boxer. She will take on Fort Worth fighter Lisa Lamb (7-7).
• Alida Gray is an American judoka and powerhouse mixed martial artist, who now calls El Paso home. She won the Pan American Championship and qualified as an alternate for the 1996 U.S. Olympic judo team. In professional MMA, Gray has a 4-3 record, but now has jumped to boxing to take on a new challenge. She faces the undefeated Ayanna Vasquez of Las Cruces.
• Gabriel Gutierrez of El Paso will take on Las Cruces challenger Alan Lerma.
The event also will feature a pre-tailgate party to honor First Responders, starting at 3 p.m.
Tickets, which cost $10, $15, $25 and $40, plus fees, are available at the El Paso County Coliseum Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
First Responders and military personnel will receive a discount with identification.