The Texas Tribune is excited to present a special statewide series of public events looking ahead five years in eight major policy areas: criminal justice, energy, the environment, health, higher education, immigration, public education and transportation. Each event features a conversation with leading thinkers and policymakers on that day’s particular subject.
Join us in person at the University of Texas at El Paso on Friday, November 13th or on our livestream for the seventh installment of this series: a discussion on the future of public education in Texas. (Livestream viewers, please note the event will begin at 12 p.m. MDT/1 p.m. CST.)
The discussion is entitled ‘Public Education: The Next Five Years’
Our panelists are:
- State. Rep. Mary González, D-Clint, member of the House Public Education Committee
- Lizzette González Reynolds, chief deputy commissioner for the Texas Education Agency
- Juan Cabrera, superintendent of the El Paso Independent School District
- Eduardo Rodriguez, interim executive director of the Council on Regional Economic Expansion and Educational Development
- Friday, November 13, 2015
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Conversation begins at 12 p.m.
- Union Building East – UTEP Campus
500 W. University Ave., El Paso, TX 79968
The Texas Tribune’s statewide Conversation Series features in-depth discussions with prominent elected officials and newsmakers moderated by Evan Smith, CEO and editor-in-chief, and other expert journalists from The Texas Tribune. You can also watch the event on our livestream if you are unable to attend in person.
This event is presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Raise Your Hand Texas, Texas Standard, Educate Texas, College Board and UTEP and supported by The Meadows Foundation, El Paso Community Foundation and the Burdine Johnson Foundation. This series of conversations is sponsored by AT&T, Texas A&M University, BP, PepsiCo, Walmart and Southwest Airlines, the official airline of Texas Tribune Events. Tribune events are also supported through contributions from our founding investors and members.