The El Paso Independent School District reminds residents that the district is still taking school name nominations for four of the consolidated campuses that are part of the 2016 EPISD Bond modernization program.
Members of the public will be able to provide name suggestions for consideration for the following four campus consolidations:
• Bradley/Fannin Elementary
• MacArthur/Bonham PK8
• Morehead/Johnson PK8
• Terrace Hills/Collins PK8
Applications will be accepted until March 19. Applicants must use the school name nomination form (attached below) and submit it via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination for (School Name).” Additional documentation may be submitted along with the form.
Each campus will form a school-name committee to review and rank name suggestions using EPISD Policy CW (LOCAL). The EPISD Board of Trustees will make the final decision on school names using the recommendations from the school-name committees.
Applicants should consider the following guidelines when submitting name suggestions:
1. A school may be named after an individual that has made exceptional contributions to public education, preferably to the District or society.
2. The individual must represent exemplary human qualities or serve as a model of excellence for the students who will attend the school. 3. The individual shall not be an employee at the time of consideration or selection of the name.
4. Diversity shall be given consideration in selecting a school name.
5. Names of geographic areas, landmarks or academic-educational functions also may be considered.
For more information please contact Gustavo Reveles Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 230-2563.
Additional content – EPISD Name Change Application