The biggest stars from the Golden Age of Mexican cinema, including Pedro Infante, María Félix and Cantinflas, will once again be on the big screen as part of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo’s month-long free film series celebrating Mexican Independence Day.
The film series, entitled Cine del Siglo de Oro Mexicano: Vivamos México, is presented in partnership with the Consulate General of Mexico in El Paso.
“Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo is proud to partner with the Mexican Consulate to showcase these classic films which represent the artistry, soul and spirit of Mexican cinema,” said Kyle Alvarado, Creative Manager for Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo. “Whether you grew up watching these films or have never seen them, this is a unique chance to celebrate the power of filmmaking which transcends time, language and geography.”
The series offers free screenings of some of the most iconic films in Mexican Cinema. To reserve your seats online, simply visit Drafthouse.com and purchase a $5 food and beverage voucher to your preferred screening. This $5 food and voucher can be used towards your bill at the end of the night.
The schedule of screenings is as follows:
- Macario. Sunday, September 3, 2017, at 6pm.
- Ahí Esta El Detalle. Friday, September 8, 2017, at 7pm.
- Enamorada. Sunday, September 10, 2017, at 4pm.
- Salón México. Sunday, September 17, 2017, at 4pm.
- La Perla. Friday, September 22, 2017, at 7pm.
- El Rebozo de Soledad. Sunday, September 24, 2017, at 6pm.
- Una Familia de Tantas. Friday, September 29, 2017, at 7:30pm.
All films are presented in Spanish with English subtitles, expect El Rebozo de Soledad which is presented in Spanish only. More information on each of these titles as well as a link to reserve seats can be found online.