EPISD Superintendent Juan Cabrera today announced the reorganization of several principal positions that will help meet the academic and organizational goals he outlined as part of his strategic plan.
“Our goal is to provide high-quality education to all students regardless of the school they attend or the neighborhood in which they live. That has been our commitment to this community,” Cabrera said. “These reassignments are part of a thought-out process aimed at matching staff with the positions that best suit the needs of our students and campuses.”
The reassignments are effective immediately. They are as follows:
• Mary Anna Giba: Interim Principal at Irvin High School.
• Francis Ezenwa: from Principal at Burnet Elementary School to Interim Principal at Andress
• Chris James: from Principal at Raymond Telles Academy to Interim Principal at Franklin High
• Robert Marsh: from Assistant Principal to Interim Principal at Chapin High School
• Robert Pancoast: Interim Principal at Transmountain Early College High School.
• Laurie Montes: from Assistant Principal to Interim Principal at Telles.
• Antoinette Carpenter: from Assistant Principal at Cielo Vista Elementary School to Interim Principal at Burnet Elementary School.
• Jocelyn Scott: from Assistant Principal to Principal at Zach White Elementary School.
• Sylvia Haynes: Interim Principal at Bliss Elementary School.
• Terri Matthews: from Principal at Whitaker Elementary School to Principal at Johnson
• Ina Lachmann: Interim Principal at Lundy Elementary School.
• Irma Thomas: Interim Principal at Whitaker Elementary School.
• Millie Williams: Interim at Alta Vista Elementary School.
• Lynn Gill: from Principal at Andress to the Strategy, Accountability and Assessment
Chapin Principal Carla Gonzales and Transmountain Principal Blanca Garcia earlier this year were appointed interim area superintendents.
“These new assignments will help us kick off the school year in a positive tone while we continue to focus on the long-term goals of our District and our campuses,” said Taryn Bailey, EPISD’s Chief Schools Officer. “For those schools with interim administrators, I want to reassure parents that we have selected capable people to help us run those campuses while we look for the best candidates to fill those roles on a permanent basis.”
The District already has posted the job openings for the principals at Bliss, Whitaker and Lundy schools. The principal positions for Irvin, and Franklin will be posted soon.