The global PechaKucha sensation returns to kick off the summer downtown on Thursday, June 23rd for volume 13.
PechaKucha (pe-chak-cha) is Japanese for “chit chat” or the sound of conversation. PechaKucha Nights are informal and fun gatherings where people get together to share their ideas, creative works, thoughts, manifestos, or just about anything — in the PechaKucha 20×20 format.
PechaKucha 20×20 is a simple format where presenters show 20 images, each for 20 seconds and talk along to the images.
Devised in Tokyo in 2003 as an event for creatives to meet, network and show their work in public — PechaKucha Night is now in over 900+ cities around the world.
Vol. 13 Speakers:
- PK-ELP City Organizer Team – Representing El Paso at the PechaKucha PowWow in Tokyo
- Cathy Chen and Gus Arriaga of Fab Lab
- Jonathan Childress of Proper Printshop
- Letty Diaz, Fine Art Photographer
- Amanda Formica and Ruben Chang with Paleta Power
- Miguel Juarez on Saving Lincoln Center
- Ricardo Mora – Connecting Minds at Juarez Technology HUB
- Daniel Rios with Memorias del Silencio
- Peter Svarzbein, El Paso Trolleys – Dream into reality
- Jacob Whitt, Professional Skateboarder – Tackling eating disorder with skateboarding
The El Paso Community Foundation will host PechaKucha in the Foundation Room – Ground floor of 333 N. Oregon in El Paso. Doors open at 7pm and we will roll at 7:20.
Admission is FREE and there will be a cash bar for your “thinking and drinking” pleasure.
PechaKucha is sponsored locally by the El Paso Community Foundation, In*Situ Architecture, FuzzyRedPanda, Sir Realistic productions and Chalk the Block. PechaKucha is devised, shared & supported globally by Klein Dytham Architecture.