For the last two years the Downtown Management District (DMD) and its Downtown Living Tour have provided the public an opportunity to take a first-hand look at some of the Downtown El Paso (DTEP) living options.
This year, on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 11am-4pm, the DMD is shifts the focus to downtown’s growing number of hotel properties with the aptly named the ‘Downtown Hotel Tour.’ Early Bird tickets for the tour are $15 each now through March 30th, with cost going up to $20 starting April 1st (quantities are limited).
This event will provide participants an exclusive opportunity to visit and tour numerous downtown hotels, sample a variety of downtown food options, and have a chance to win great prizes.
“The Downtown Living Tour has been a major success for our organization and for exposing downtown residential options to our community, however with the recent and continued growth in our downtown hotel inventory, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to show off these assets to community!” said DMD Executive Director Joe Gudenrath.
“El Pasoans will be amazed with the quality, history, culture and atmosphere of our hotels and the opportunities they present for out of town guests, staycations, meetings, events, dinner, drinks or a night out.”
The DMD has worked with local hoteliers to showcase a great roster of hotel brands that will appeal to the visitor and “stay-cationer” alike.
Participating Hotels include:
- Aloft El Paso Downtown, 303 Texas Avenue
- Stanton House, 209 N. Stanton Street
- Hotel Indigo El Paso Downtown, 325 N. Kansas Street
- Gardner Hotel, 311 E. Franklin Avenue
- Holiday Inn Express El Paso-Central, 409 E. Missouri Avenue
- Hotel Paso del Norte Autograph Collection, 101 S. El Paso Street
- Courtyard El Paso Downtown/Convention Center, 610 N. Santa Fe Street
Each participant will receive their credentials, a map, prize entry forms and a day pass for the Streetcar system. From there, the tour is up to them and hotels will be available for touring from 11am – 4pm.
Food and drink samples will be available at each location from the hotels themselves and some of downtown’s delicious eateries. Each location will also provide participants the opportunity to enter into drawings for prizes, including sets of luggage, gift cards and the grand prize – a $500 gift certificate to Southwest Airlines.
Participants will be asked to pick up their tickets prior to starting the tour. There are three options for ticket pick up:
- From April 1st – 5th, from 8am to 5pm at the DMD Offices (201 E. Main, Suite 107).
- On April 5th from 4-8pm at Aloft El Paso Downtown (303 Texas Avenue).
- On Friday, April 6th, between 9am-12pm at one of two locations (The District Coffee Co.-222 Texas Avenue, OR Brew Lab-601 N. Oregon Street).
Tickets are available now and can be purchased online.