El Paso Streetcar | Photo courtesy Flickriver/railfan44
Motorists, pedestrians and cyclists should anticipate new temporary traffic patterns in the coming days as rail work related to the El Paso Streetcar Projects continues to advance toward its conclusion, according to the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority.
The changes, and the associated work, may shift a bit due to weather.
Beginning on Wednesday, August 2, 2017, a lane shift will be in place on Franklin Avenue between Stanton Street and Mesa Street. This will last approximately 2 weeks.
Father Rahm will be closed between Santa Fe and El Paso Street for one day on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 for paving. The street will reopen on Thursday, August 3, 2017.
Beginning the week of August 7, 2017, two-way traffic on Stanton Street between Yandell Drive and Schuster Avenue will shift from the east side of the street to the west side of the street. All cross streets are open at Stanton.
Also during this time, crews will begin preliminary striping work on North Stanton Street in advance of final striping related to the El Paso Streetcar Project, which is scheduled to begin the week of August 7, 2017.
On Sunday, August 6, 2017, 4th between Santa Fe and El Paso will be closed for one day.
Beginning the week of August 14, 2017, crews will take up four parking spaces on Franklin Avenue at Oregon to create bump outs. Sidewalk access will be maintained during this time, ADA ramp will be open in one week. Work in that area will take approximately two weeks. Franklin Avenue will remain open to traffic during this time.
The following traffic impacts will remain in place during the week of July 31, 2017:
- Baltimore Drive between Stanton Street and Mesa Street
- Glory Road between Oregon Street and Mesa Street
- Nevada Street immediately west of Oregon Street
- Rio Grande Avenue immediately east of Oregon Street
- Oregon Street between Wyoming Avenue to Franklin Avenue
- Stanton Street between Wyoming Avenue to Franklin Avenue
- Yandell Drive between Kansas Street and Santa Fe Street
- Wyoming Avenue between Kansas Street and Santa Fe Street
- Oregon Street between Yandell Drive and Wyoming Avenue
- Santa Fe Street between Father Rahm Avenue and 4th Avenue
- Missouri Avenue at Oregon Street
- Franklin Avenue between Stanton Street and Mesa Street
- Missouri Avenue at Stanton Street
- Mesa Street at Glory Road/Baltimore Drive