Photo courtesy TTUHSC El Paso
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso is marking Healthcare Simulation Week 2020, with virtual tours, lectures and special events for staff and students.
Set for September 14 through 20, Healthcare Simulation Week 2020 is an international event honoring professionals who advocate for health care simulation in education, practice and research.
“Thanks to simulation training, our Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso doctors and TTUHSC El Paso students and residents are prepared to provide high-quality care during critical incidents such as the Aug. 3 mass casualty event in El Paso,” TTUHSC El Paso officials shared.
TECHS (Training and Educational Center for Healthcare Simulation) at TTUHSC El Paso has a variety of activities planned for Healthcare Simulation Week.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, TECHS will host virtual tours instead of the traditional simulation center open house.
This year’s on-campus activity for the TTUHSC El Paso community will be a socially distanced escape-room-themed Simulation Competition.
Simulation Week Activities:
Virtual tours of TECHS, available on-demand:
- VR Video Tour
- Interactive 3D room tour with Google Poly
- Free TECHS Google Cardboard VR Headsets available to the first 25 callers.
- Call 915-215-6130 to schedule pickup
Simulation Week Lecture
- “Simulating Simulation: Regional Solutions to a Global Pandemic”
- Presented by TECHS Director Scott Crawford, M.D., FACEP, CHSOS.
- Where: Online, via Webex.
- When: 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 18, via Webex.
- Click here to register.
Simulation Competition (For TTUHSC El Paso students, employees and staff only)
- A safe, socially distanced “escape-room” activity.
- When: Sept. 15-18, by appointment.
- Where: Hunt School of Nursing Building.
- Learn more about Sim Wars and register your team at this link.