A couple of high profile traffic developments to keep in mind with ongoing projects. Starting later this month, work activities will increase on North Mesa Street (SH 20) between Osborne and Remcon.
After the Sunland flyover opens on April 30, crews will close the Sunland overpass and re-route traffic (click here to read more)
- The continuous complete closure of Executive from Paisano to Rio Bravo (east and west and ramps too) started this weekend on Saturday and runs through Monday, April 9, 5 a.m. and again Saturday, April 14, 7 a.m.-Monday, April 16, 5 a.m.
- Work Zone Awareness Week starts Monday, but safety is a priority every day. Please remember to slow down, pay attention and expect the unexpected. Keep in mind more drivers are killed in work zone accidents than highway workers.
Next week’s scheduled closures are as follows:
9 am to 4 pm daily
|· North Mesa Street (SH 20) westbound will have a right lane closed between North Desert Boulevard and Osborne Drive.
North Mesa Street (SH 20) will be subject to lane closures throughout 2018.
|I-10 and Sunland Park
9 pm each night to 6 am each morning
|· I-10 Eastbound will close at Sunland Park Drive.
Detour: Motorists will exit at Sunland Park (Exit 13) and immediately re-enter I-10 East at the next ramp.
· I-10 Westbound will close at Executive Center Blvd.
Detour: Motorists will exit at Executive Center (Exit 16) and follow the detour signs to re-enter I-10 Westbound using the North Mesa Street (SH 20) entrance ramp.
· The Schuster Avenue entrance ramp to I-10 Westbound will close.
· The Sunland Park Drive entrance ramp to I-10 Westbound will close.
· Sunland Park Drive will close in both directions between Mesa Hills Drive and Sunland Park’s I-10 eastbound ramps.
|North Mesa||Continuous – 24/7
Until 4 pm April 13
|· North Mesa Street (SH 20) eastbound will have a right lane closed between Osborne Drive and North Desert Boulevard.
The closure is necessary to prevent high clearance vehicles from colliding with an overhead platform. The platform is in place so crews may complete construction of a bridge substructure.
Note: In the next couple of weeks, crews will increase their presence along North Mesa Street (SH 20) between Osborne Drive and Remcon Circle. The pavement needs to be replaced in that section of North Mesa Street (SH 20), per GO 10’s design plans. The work will mean motorists can expect more lane closures, periodic shifts in lane patterns, and increased traffic congestion for the next nine months.
|I-10 East @ North Mesa
Sunday, April 15
9 pm to 6 am
|· I-10 Eastbound will close completely between North Mesa Street (SH 20) and Resler Drive.
Detour: Motorist will exit at North Mesa Street (Exit 11) and follow the detour signs to re-enter I-10 Eastbound using the Sunland Park Drive entrance ramp.
Traffic pattern change: By 6 am on April 16, motorists will be traveling on the CD lanes for approximately a half mile between North Mesa Street (SH 20) and Resler Drive. The traffic switch will be in place for several months while crews rebuild the main lanes of I-10 East.
Through April 30
|· The Sunland Park Drive flyover entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound remains inaccessible.
Detour: To enter I-10 Eastbound, follow the detour signs to the Paisano Drive entrance ramp.
Crews are working to open the all-new Sunland Park flyover ramp.
|Sunland Park OVERPASS
Starting April 30 and until further notice
|· The Sunland Park Drive overpass that allows traffic to get cross I-10 will be closed for at least five months.
Detour: Traffic will be detoured onto the newly constructed turnaround bridge located alongside the closed overpass.
Crews will be demolishing and reconstructing the closed overpass.