Photo: Google Earth
University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC) seeks candidates to fill four (4) seats on the El Paso Children’s Hospital Board. UMC will appoint four members to the new EPCH Board; the new board will begin functioning January 2016.
“We want this process to be as efficient and expeditious as possible as we have an urgent need to fill these seats,” said UMC Board Chair Steve DeGroat. “We want to throw our net far and wide in hopes we can find a few truly outstanding candidates eager to serve on the EPCH Board.”
Candidates interested in applying for one of the four seats being appointed by UMC to the EPCH Board, should review the application packet at www.umcelpaso.org (top right of the home page)
Highly desired (though not required) qualifications of ideal candidates:
· Visioning and strategic thinking ability
· Policy leadership
· Understanding of governance roles and processes.
· Sufficient time and energy to serve on the EPCH Board
· Financial and business experience
· Ability to evaluate managerial skills
· Corporate and civic leadership
· Involvement in the community
· Flexibility and Creativity
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution of higher learning or the equivalent in work or business experience shall be required of all Board appointees.
· Prior board experience
Absolute disqualifiers shall include the following:
· Unpaid and uncontested local property taxes
· Unpaid child support
· Any history of suing the hospital as a plaintiff or plaintiff’s attorney
· Conviction for a crime of moral turpitude or official misconduct
· Any revocation of professional license held by the potential appointee
Author: University Medical Center