Registration will be open Jan. 11-29, 2016 for adult education courses offered at The University of Texas at El Paso through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). Courses are open to adults ages 50 and older and begin Feb. 8.
OLLI seeks to develop a community of older learners who are an integral part of the UTEP campus experience and provides learning opportunities to enhance the enjoyment, meaning and direction of adult lives as well as the health and well-being of adults.
- Art Appreciation: 19th and 20th century art, theater, Spanish/Flamenco dance
- Body, Mind, Spirit: Tai chi, yoga, meditation, pranic healing
- Classes in Spanish: Herbal medicine, alternative medicine, anatomy
- Hands-on Art: Drawing, oil painting, collage, repujado, photography
- History: Development of intelligence agencies, El Paso-Juárez history, Comanche Indians
- Languages: Spanish, Italian, English
- Literature: Shakespeare’s Hamlet, mystery stories
- Music: American classical, American Songbook, Russian composers, choir, band, musical instruments
- Science: Controversies in science, desert landscape
Enrollment is $70 for as many courses as desired during the 12-week term. A parking permit is included. New members also pay a processing fee of $25. Find courses and details at www.olliatutep.org
A $25 late fee applies when enrolling after Jan. 29.
Request a course schedule and register by phone, in person or by mail.
IN PERSON: Visit Miners Hall, Suite 209, between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Park for free in the Sun Bowl Parking Garage visitors area. Bring parking ticket to office for validation.
MAIL: Write to OLLI at UTEP, Miners Hall Suite 209, 500 W. University Ave., El Paso, TX 79968.