The UTEP softball team (9-11) will open Conference USA play as it hosts UTSA (5-13) for a three-game series at the Helen of Troy Softball Complex, starting with a new start time on Friday (Mar. 11) at 3 p.m. MT, Saturday (Mar. 12) at 3 p.m. MT and Sunday (Mar. 13) at 12 p.m. MT.
Tickets are $8 and can be purchased through the Eisenberg Family Ticket Office by calling (915) 747-UTEP, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, visiting www.UTEPMiners.com/Tickets or in person at 201 Glory Road (Brumbelow Building, UTEP Campus, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The matchup will be streamed on CUSA.tv, with live stats also available.
In the Circle
Aalijah Alarcon (5-5) leads the squad with 54.2 innings in 15 appearances and 10 starts, throwing four-complete-game victories and earning two saves.
- 3.97 ERA | 41 K | 16 BB | 62 H | 31 of 40 runs allowed are earnedNotables
- Pate Cathey leads the squad with a .361 batting average on 22 hits. She’s slugged .574 with a .388 on-base percentage and three walks.
- Kaylin Jackson sets the pace with three home runs and 19 RBI for the Miners.
- Cathey and Ajia Richard follow Jackson’s lead with two goners each.
- Cathey leads with 35 total bases.
- The Miners are 14-for-15 in stolen bases as Savannah Favre leads 5-for-5 and Autumn Scott is 2-for-2.National Rankings
- UTEP ranks 19th in double plays per game (0.50, 3rd C-USA)
- Aalijah Alarcon ranks ninth with two saves (1st C-USA)
- Pate Cathey ranks 28th in doubles (7, 3rd C-USA) and 32nd in sacrifice flies (2, 4th C-USA)
- Autumn Scott ranks 37th in sacrifice bunts per game (0.24, 3rd C-USA)UTSA
- UTSA sits at 5-13 on the season and is currently on a three-game losing streak. The Roadrunners are led by Kat Ibarra with a .327 batting average on 16 hits. She is slugging .633 with a .507 on-base percentage.
- UTSA has used four pitchers through its 18 games, with Jamie Gilbert pitching a team-high 37.0 innings with 12 appearances and six starts. Gilbert has a 6.08 ERA with 24 strikeouts and 19 walks, 40 hits and 30 runs allowed (25 earned) and is 1-2. Marena Estell has thrown 35.2 innings with a 4.54 ERA and has appeared in 10 games with three starts. As a staff, UTSA carries a 6.28 ERA, allowing 136 hits, 96 runs (77 earned), striking out 59 and walking 53. UTSA has given up 19 home runs, 26 doubles and one triple.
- The Roadrunners lead the all-time series against the Miners, 18-12. UTSA has won six of the last 10 meetings.