On Thursday, officials with the University of Texas at El Paso and the University Medical Center of El Paso announced a new partnership that will bring new and greater access to pharmacy services for thousands of UTEP students.
Through a new and innovative agreement between two of our region’s oldest and most dedicated organizations working for the benefit of all who call El Paso home, students will have access to prescriptions anywhere UMC services are located.
“Our new partnership with UTEP is in keeping with our mission of providing greater access to care for all El Pasoans,” said Jacob Cintron, UMC President & CEO.
“UTEP has been a true partner with UMC for many years, whether through their College of Health Sciences and School of Nursing programs, and many other opportunities we have had to work together. UTEP students are part of our El Paso family, our friends, our neighbors and the future leaders in our community. Through this program, we are hoping to take one less concern away from students so they can focus on their education while having much greater access to the prescriptions they need, at the same low prices they’ve come to expect.”
“This new partnership provides enhanced services for UTEP students,” said UTEP President Diana Natalicio.
“Their access to affordable pharmaceutical services will now be offered during expanded hours at multiple locations across the community. We thank our partners at UMC for not only enabling us to broaden our pharmaceutical services for UTEP students, but for their collaborations with us on so many other fronts as well.”
- This new partnership allows both on- and off-campus students to access medications at seven different locations.
- Through this partnership, students can purchase their prescriptions at the same or lower cost than they would have paid at the Student Health and Wellness Center.
- Students can utilize insurance coverage (public or private) to pay for prescriptions.
- Students can receive expanded continuous service for pharmacy access. UMC pharmacies are open mornings through early evenings for student convenience, Monday through Saturday.
- Students will have access to UMC pharmacies even during Spring Break or the Winter Break, at locations close to their homes in El Paso.