Motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists will encounter new traffic patterns along Oregon Street in the coming days as crews from Paso del Norte Trackworks continue advancing rail work there.
All lanes of Oregon Street will be open to traffic between Schuster Avenue and Glory Road by Friday, September 2, 2016.
Football fans attending this weekend’s University of Texas at El Paso/New Mexico State University football game at the Sun Bowl should continue to use caution in this area as some work on sidewalks and pedestrian ramps is on-going.
Beginning on Tuesday, September 6, Oregon Street will be open to northbound traffic only between Schuster Avenue and Nevada Avenue. Also at this time, Schuster Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction at Oregon Street. Crosby Avenue, Cliff Drive, California Avenue, and River Avenue will also be closed to traffic immediately west of Oregon Street.
Pedestrian crossings will be in place at Schuster, California, and Nevada. These closures are necessary as crews will soon begin laying rail along this section of Oregon Street. They will remain in place for approximately three months.
As crews continue storm drain work on Father Rahm Avenue, motorists should expect to encounter flaggers at the intersection of Stanton Street and Father Rahm between Tuesday, September 6, and Friday, September 9, 2016. Stanton Street will remain open to north-south traffic. Motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists are encouraged to use extra caution in this intersection.
As work continues along the 4.8 mile route, the following street closures and lane restrictions will remain in place during the week of September 2:
- Oregon Street between Wyoming Avenue and Missouri Avenue
- Santa Fe Street between Third Avenue and Father Rahm Avenue (weeknights 6pm to 4am)
- Crosby Avenue between Oregon Street and Stanton Street (excluding intersections)
- Father Rahm Avenue between Kansas Street and Santa Fe Street (excluding intersections)
- Kansas Street between Paisano Drive and Father Rahm Avenue (including intersections)
- Santa Fe Street between Paisano Drive and Montestruc Court
- Oregon Street between Nevada Avenue and Yandell Drive
- Wyoming Avenue between Santa Fe Street and Kansas Street
- Stanton Street at Father Rahm Avenue
- Mesa Street at Father Rahm Avenue
- Campbell Street at First Avenue
Much of the work associated with the El Paso Streetcar Project cannot be completed during or immediately following heavy rain. As monsoon rains continues across the Desert Southwest, occasional unanticipated changes in scheduled construction activities may be required.
- Click here to sign-up for regular construction updates delivered to your email inbox.
- Like the El Paso Streetcar on Facebook and Instagram.
- Call the bilingual project information line: (844) 252-RAIL.