Viva! El Paso is back; and with the return, the casting call has gone out for performers from around the area to audition for the iconic show.
Canceled last year due to the pandemic, the production is an El Paso tradition going into its 43rd year, celebrating more than 400 years of local history, with music, dance and dialogue.
Officials with the show’s production share that auditions for will be held on Saturday, April 10th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the historic Hotel Paso Del Norte in downtown El Paso.
Organizers remind those attending the audition that, masking and social distancing will be required.
• All who audition will be required to sing, dance, and cold read.
• Actors will cold-read from the script. Additionally, a short, prepared monologue is encouraged.
• Singers should prepare a song and bring music (sheet music, flash drive, or cellphone recording are acceptable). Accompaniment will be provided.
• Dancers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes for movement. Choreography will be taught at the auditions.
• Social distancing will be followed. Masks are required.
• Those auditioning will need to bring a photo ID, Social Security card, portrait-style headshot, and a resume of past performance and/or production work, including school information and work history.
• Those attending also should bring bottled water and a snack (or lunch) for the tryouts.
• Performers must be 16 years of age or older.
• There is no fee to audition.
• Auditions are open to performers living in the El Paso region.
Performers selected for the show will be paid a stipend. Call 915-276-5681 for more information.
Viva! El Paso is a presentation of El Paso International & Cultural Arts (EPIC Arts), the El Paso Community Foundation, and El Paso Live.
Performances will be at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, July 2-August 7 in McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre. Ticket information will be announced soon.