Photo by Andres Acosta, El Paso Herald Post
As the one-year mark approaches, the City of El Paso, along with the County of El Paso and the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center, and many others are hosting a series of events to honor and remember the victims of the August 3 mass shooting.
The community can reflect on the 1-year anniversary and remember the lives lost by participating in the following virtual and in-person events:
July 30 to August 3
- “A Time to Remember” – The public can upload pictures, art, and stories on social media using the hashtags #elpasostrong and #atimetoremember
- Testimonial videos from First Responders and words of encouragement by area leaders will air on the City and Museum of History Facebook page
July 31 to August 3
- The El Paso Museum of History will show a commemorative video on the digital wall outside of the museum
- The public can submit pictures and memories for the Digital Wall at www.digie.org
August 2 to August 15
- Public art on I-10, along Airway and at the airport will be lit orange in honor of the victims (Orange represents the national color for gun violence)
- The public can visit Ponder Park all day to place a commemorative orange ribbon in remembrance of the victims
- The community can show support by placing an orange ribbon on their front door
- Names of victims to be added to Crime Victims Memorial at Yucca Park
- Commemorative billboard on I-10 (Airway and Geronimo) July 27 to August 23
- Starting at 9 p.m. on Monday, August 3 the El Paso Chamber will flash the Star on the Mountain 23 times, in ten second intervals, in honor of the 23 victims.
Our partners at the El Paso County and others are hosting various events. Information on those activities is available via this link. For more information about the community’s long-term trauma recovery plan, visit www.epstrong.org and click on Aug. 3 Tragedy link.
Join EPCC for a week long event remembering those lost in the tragic August 3rd attack.
Presentations and discussions will be available daily from August 3-7 at 7:00 p.m. at https://us.bbcollab.com/
Follow EPCC Student Leadership & Campus Life on Facebook or Instagram for more details and updates.
With the one year anniversary of the tragic shooting approaching, Proper Printshop will be having an art auction to raise money for the El Paso Victims’ Education Fund through the El Paso Community Foundation.