Officials with Ysleta ISD announced Monday that one of their school’s counseling programs has been honored by a national organization.
Edgemere International School has earned statewide accolades from the Lone Star State School Counselor Association (LSSSCA) for its outstanding and comprehensive counseling program.
The school received a 2021 Bronze Award from the LSSSCA for success in its counseling program in areas that include being data-driven; focusing on goal completion; and aligning with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) national model.
Overall, LSSSCA evaluates school counseling programs in 10 areas:
- Vision & Mission Statement
- Annual Student Outcome Goals
- Classroom and Group Mindsets & Behaviors Action Plan
- Annual Administrative Conference
- Advisory Council
- Lesson Plans
- Classroom Instruction Results Report
- Small-Group Results Report
- Closing-the-Gap Action Plan/Results Report
LSSSCA’s awards system consists of three levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold awards. Each award has increasing levels of rigor designed to elevate school counselor programs to national recognition through the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP).