Monday afternoon, officials with the Ysleta ISD announced that the district racked 17 national awards for excellence in graphic design, videos, writing, publications, and marketing/recruitment from the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA).
This year, Ysleta ISD won a prestigious Golden Achievement Award for exemplary work for its Online, OnTime, OnPoint attendance campaign, which was designed to bolster remote learning at home by encouraging students to faithfully log in to their online classes on time and be on point – involved, engaged, and paying attention at all times.
The campaign was created by the district’s Pupil and Parent Services and District Affairs departments.
In addition, Ysleta ISD won 16 Publications and Digital Media Excellence Awards for a variety of work produced by the Public Relations Department in 2020 and 2021.
There are three levels of recognition within the Publications and Digital Media Excellence awards: Excellence, Merit, and
Ysleta ISD won nine Awards of Excellence, six Awards of Merit, and one Honorable Mention. Officials add that he district won more than any other local ISD.
Awards of Excellence (9)
- Vision 2025 The Encore: Strategic Action Plan
- 2019 YISD Video Annual Report
- Class of 2020 Commencement Speech
- Choice To Learn parent flyer
- J.M. Hanks Middle School teaser video
- 2020 Football Champions billboard
- YISD Is Here for You television commercial
- 2020 COVID-19 Rapid Testing video
- 2021 Groundbreaking: Bel Air High School Modernization video
Awards of Merit (6)
- It’s Time! Enrollment & Registration parent flyer
- Class of 2020 Virtual Graduations website
- 2020-21 Back To School Central website
- 2020 Braden Aboud Shoe Giveaway video
- 2020-21 Day in the Life of Online Learning video
- 2021 Pre-K & Kindergarten Recruitment video
Honorable Mention (1)
- 2020-21 Day in the Life of Classroom Learning video
Every year, NSPRA honors the best work in school communications among public and private school districts; regional or county education service agencies; education agencies; and private businesses serving as partners with those organizations through its National School Communication Awards program.
Since 1935, NSPRA has provided school communication training and services to school leaders with a mission of advancing education through responsible communication.